IN GEE CHUN “NEVER GIVE UP” ATTITUDE SHONE THROUGH AT AIG WOMEN’S OPEN


View Online on Top Video Worlds - The best video of the world


Heading into her post-playoff media availability, In Gee Chun was smiling, clutching a book from presenter Mia Baker. Its title? Just Don’t Give Up! – the perfect culmination of Chun’s Sunday at the AIG Women’s Open. Having recorded a 1-under 70 in the final 18 holes, Chun landed herself into a playoff against 54-hole leader Ashleigh Buhai after starting the day five strokes back of the lead. Chun went par-bogey-par in the first three extra holes, and resorted back to the 18th tee afterwards as was the protocol. A tee shot into the right-hand fairway bunker was her ultimate undoing, as Buhai went on to par after striping it down the fairway to win her maiden title, outlasting Chun’s bogey. Though not “happy happy,” Chun was still proud of her major season and final day of effort on the links, one that included her first title since 2018 at the KPMG Women’s PGA Championship this past June at Congressional Country Club. “First thing, when I made a win at the KPMG, I was so happy because my sponsor and friends and family, they waited and I show them something where I can give them something, because they always cheer me and give me love no matter what I did,” said Chun. “After that, just wanted to keep going. I feel like golf Gods want to, not too easygoing, so I just want to like never give up and then keep trying. I'm always happy to finish in a good position. I felt like I had a great season, and I have more tournaments coming in the future, yeah.” The runner-up performance is her best result in the major, and her third top-10 finish in now eight appearances at the AIG Women’s Open. Chun, who will next appear at the CP Women’s Open, did have some takeaways from her experience at Muirfield for next year at Walton Heath. “I think now I have a lot of confidence I can play well at links course.”
Previous Post Next Post